Thursday, April 15, 2010

Give thanks in all circumstances

I didn't put it on the list, but I think I'm most thankful today for the admonition given us in the Word, "Give thanks in all circumstances." It doesn't say "for" but "in" - during, while, in the midst of. This has been, on paper, a hard week. I came down with something over the weekend that has lingered so that I have had almost nothing to eat since Saturday. It was only yesterday I could be upright for extended periods of time and not feel awful. Each day it gets better, but that and having workers in our bathrooms each day has kept us from most of our regular activities. Not what I would have chosen! Yet for some reason God has chosen it for me. So I choose today to be thankful for all that He has given me in the midst of it.

176. Spring blossoms all over the courtyard
177. I feel a little better each day
178. My kids are old enough to make their own lunches when I'm sick!
179. Opportunities to bless my friends this weekend by watching their kids
180. I have an eight year old girl today! She was seven yesterday.
181. The workers are determined to fix this leak
182. After all their work yesterday, they brought a maintenance woman in to clean for me
183. My Canon Rebel
184. My helper
185. Erik is here the whole month
186. I get to coach LEAF again in May
187. Teaching drama and coaching soccer start again today
188. Despite my illness, we had a fun night away with our best friends on Saturday night
189. My treadmill
190. Chocolate chip pancakes to celebrate our little girl
191. Book Depository - I know I've said it before, but it's worth mentioning again
192. As is Tao Bao
193. I learned the word for "pound, break, smash" this week
194. Aside from last night, I've had hot and cold water all week. Looking forward to having them both again today
195. Lots of quiet time with God lately
196. Books like Abba's Child, Life of the Beloved, and Brave Hearts
197. Kids who are flexible enough to do homeschool from my bed
198. Fun new games with the kids like "hibernation"
199. Things that make me go back to Jesus over and over
200. Our car

No comments: