Friday, October 22, 2004

durian

Durian: "The fruit . . . having a hard, prickly rind and soft pulp with an offensive odor but a pleasant taste." This is a fruit native to Singapore that "smells like hell and tastes like Heaven." I don't know if I will ever get past that smell. I'll be walking along, minding my own business, and then, BAM! somebody hits me with that durian stench. It's just not kind. Something about a fruit that could kill you if it dropped on your head, and smells that bad - it's a wonder anyone tried to eat it in the first place.

3 comments:

chrys|er said...

have you visted my country Malaysia which is just the next door neighbour to Singapore? its the home of durians .... you gotto come here for a visit !!

Gina Marie said...

I have seen Malaysia as we went up to Pasir Ris one night, but we have only lived here for about 2 months and we have no car, so getting all the way to Malaysia will have to wait. :)

Chris B. said...

My friend Libby told me about durian, do they eat it in India too?