Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Any recommendations?

I'm currently sporting a new haircut, thanks to Frankie at Studio 52. It's so low maintenance, but it doesn't look it (at least I hope it doesn't. The test for me of good hair is whether or not it looks good on day 2). Usually my haircut is the opposite - it takes a lot to get it to just look ok. I now have to make this haircut last until we come back in September, especially since my salon (and I use that term loosely) in China has shut down.

I found myself yesterday scheming on how I could continue to get my haircut by Frankie even after we move to Orlando. I quickly determined that this would not be feasible. I love my family in Minnesota, but I just don't think I'll be getting up here every two months. Sigh. So I come to my conclusion:

I will have to look for a new hairstylist in Orlando.

And come to think of it, a new dentist, doctor, chiropractor, vet. And that's not even considering the things that will come with having a house, like a pool guy (will I have to bring him lemonade?), electrician, plumber, etc.

And friends. I'm going to need some new friends.

It's all a little daunting, but I imagine I'll do what I did to find Frankie - send out a desperate Facebook plea for recommendations. I'm thankful we live in an age where it's easy to network for resources.

I'm guessing it will be a great way to find a new stylist. Not sure how helpful it will be in finding new friends.

No comments: