Saturday, August 14, 2010

Packing day

Today is a packing day, and I can't tell you how relieved I am that Erik is finally free to help me (I've done about 60 boxes on my own). He's all motivated right now. We'll see how that goes.

Though Erik and I are committed to this process, the kids are either a) not as excited or b) not quite as capable of packing. So this morning when Megan woke up and came to sit with me, I tried to psych her up for the day (she's the excited, but not as capable one).

Me: "Megan, maybe while we pack, we should play music on the Apple TV!" (If you don't know what an Apple TV is, I'm sorry, I'm not going to explain it here).

Megan: "Or we could just play a CD."

Me: "But if we use the Apple TV it will just keep playing and playing."

Megan: "But we might get a song that's not so packish."

True. We'll still try though, and hope that all the songs are packish songs, and also maybe joyful and patience-producing.

No comments: