Friday, March 10, 2006

Random happenings and musings

Yesterday at Mustafa a woman kissed Megan on the cheek. I think she thought she was being sneaky because my back was turned while I was examining the overripe capsicum yellow peppers. But above the peppers are mirrors. It didn't bother Megan so it didn't bother me. It just made me laugh, how surreptiously she did it.

This morning Ethan did an experiment to see which of three batteries was strongest. He put each of them by turn into a toy car to see which one made it run faster. He wrote down the times of each and awarded them gold, silver and bronze. We've finally convinced him that silver and bronze are not "loser" positions. A bit of competitiveness in that one.

Our fountain is still pink. They wanted to paint the bridge next to it peach or lavender. One of our friends went into the office with a book of paint samples they gave her and presented the expat approved colors (neutrals!). We'll see what happens.

Last night Ethan told me that he likes to sleep because it's "SO comfortable!" Amen to that.

We saw Steve Irwin at the Singapore Zoo yesterday. For you uninformed, Steve Irwin is the Crocodile Hunter. He was presenting in the marsupial pen, which was disappointing to many of the children present who were hoping to see him wrestle a croc, and with any luck, narrowly escape losing a limb or something.

Some time ago, my beloved brother Christopher posted about the song All the Way My Savior Leads Me by Rich Mullins who is one of my favorite artists. I'd never really listened to that song much, but it has since then become one of my favorites. It is particularly expressive of my desires of late as I find myself in a place of confusion and frustration regarding some activities I'm involved in. Without going into detail because it would be long and tiresome, let me just say I need wisdom to know what to do, and this song comes to mind. I'm reminded also of Jeremiah 6:16, "Stand at the crossroads and look. Ask for the ancient paths. Ask where the good way is and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls." This is my hope - God's goodness in leading me all the time, knowing that He has brought me here and He will lead me on to places of even greater fruitfulness.

No comments: