Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Re-entry Thoughts

Why hasn't the sun gone down yet? I think this day has lasted for 17 hours already. Is it bedtime yet? Can I justifiably go to sleep right now? It's only 4:53 p.m.

I feel like Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, when she makes the transition from black and white Kansas to technicolor. I hadn't realized how devoid of color Minnesota is in the winter. It's beautiful here!

Megan wants me to sit on her feet because they're cold. She wants me to turn off the AC because she's cold. This from the girl who was still going without socks when it was -40 wind chill outside.

Singaporeans aren't as nice as Minnesotans. There, I said it. It's not that they aren't nice, they're just not AS nice. We Minnesotans have a reputation for being nice. Maybe not me, necessarily, but in general.

It's summer. Why are we doing school? Isn't this summer vacation? Oh no, wait. We still have 16 weeks to go.

If only Singapore could always be as beautiful, breezy and cool as it is right now. We can leave the windows open all day (theoretically all night too but I'm afraid of flying things entering our house). Thank God we came back when we did!

No comments: