Saturday, January 10, 2009

The 5:00 a.m. Club

People often wonder out loud, and in my presence, how I am able to find the things I find on the internet. I would refer them to the previous post and point out that my "Input" strength drives me to search for information. I'm like #5 from Short Circuit "need input." So I find things.

Like this 5:00 a.m. Club, from Girl Talk. I'm a morning person, but while I'm here in Minnesota I've been getting up at 6 instead of the usual 5:40 or so I'd do in Singapore. As a busy mom who has a high value on staying healthy both physically and spiritually, I know that if I don't have time in the morning for God and exercise, I won't find time later in the day.

But the reality is that 5:40 doesn't really give me enough time before the kids are up, so I have decided that when I get back to Singapore, I'm going to join the 5:00 a.m. Club again (I used to do this before we had Lisa, at least for periodic spurts). I know it means I'll have to go to bed earlier, but the reality is that I am useless beyond 9 p.m. anyway. Might as well make the most of the time when I am actually productive.

I'm hoping that jet lag will make this process easier - I know I'll be waking up earlier the first week so maybe I'll just maintain it. I've decided to post my intentions here as another means of accountability. Feel free to ask me how it's going! But wait until I get back to Singapore. Until then I'm sleeping in.

No comments: