Saturday, October 16, 2010

Thoughts about the new carpet

I am experiencing a state of high satisfaction with life today, mostly superficially centered around the arrival of the two pieces of carpet in our home. The larger, pleasant blue colored one is in the homeschool room, and the smaller, off white one is on the first floor (yes, off white - we're living on the edge!). After yesterday's curtain debacle this felt like a bit of redemption for me. I don't want to talk about it. I'm not proud. And I still don't have guest room curtains, although the living room ones are lovely (albeit without pleats, but that's another story).

I didn't realize how exciting the carpet would be for the kids, but after I had accompanied the carpet delivery men to the ATM to get money for them, I returned to hear shouts of glee from four young people who were romping on the carpet upstairs (the kids had friends over).

Megan hadn't come downstairs to see the living room carpet yet, but when she did this was her reaction:

Megan: Wow - look at this one! And daddy hasn't even seen it yet!

Ethan: He's going to come in and say, 'What's that big white thing?'

Megan: No he won't. He's not that dumb.

Glad that Megan has so much confidence in her father. And glad to have a nice comfy place to sit in two rooms!

No comments: