Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Binge and purge

Confession: I've never pulled an all nighter. Partly this is because my brain is essentially useless after 10 pm, and obnoxiously perky by 5 am. It's also because I've never really been a procrastinator. I hate the stress of it. I don't cram well.

So when it came to taking this driver's test, I started studying last week. Even then, I went to the driver's test feeling like I had gorged myself on the illogical and sometimes contradictory information in the study booklet. As we sat reviewing on the subway, my brain felt like it was told myself, "You can make it to the test room and throw it up all over the computer screen!"

And that's what I did. I was surprised that most of the 100 questions were the more logical ones from the book. There were about 5 I wasn't completely sure on, so when my score came up as 95 I thought, "Well, I guessed wrong on those apparently."

Now all the information has fled my brain like birds released from a cage, and I am free to drive the streets of China like a madwoman, honking and overtaking at will. I feel much better now.

3 comments:

Starlene said...

Congratulations on passing that crazy exam. And hopefully if you ever encounter a situation where you need to administer first aid or you find your car sinking in water, you will remember the helpful information you "learned" for the exam. ;-D

Anonymous said...

Congrats and just in time for your company from Rochester!

Robyn said...

Congratulations!! I know it must have been overwhelming, illogical and hard. So glad you passed! Um... could I get a ride to... Just kidding!!! Have fun with your family and hopefully, I'll get to see you sometime soon.