Friday, June 01, 2007

Messing around with the camera

You know how they say we only use 10% of our brains? Well, I think most people use about 10% of the potential of their SLR cameras, and I am determined not to be one of them. The other day as the kids were playing outside, I messed around with some options on my camera. Below is my first venture into RAW format and monochrome. I've also been learning how to set my camera on completely manual and base my shutter speed on the light reading. It helps when you have a cute subject.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Don't forget that narrower (higher number) apertures bring more area into focus. and don't be afraid to use ISO 400 and even 800. comparable to film 1-2 stops slower.

Ryan said...

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/56412255/ - ISO 3200 with 50% color noise reduction in Adobe Camera RAW for a comparison.