Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Happy Birthday Megan!

Megan celebrated her 4th birthday on Saturday. We let her open her big present the day before, as I knew it would require some assembly and that's not my forte. Also, we had gymnastics the morning of her birthday and her party in the afternoon so I knew there wouldn't be time.

Megan had just girls her age over, pretty much (they ranged in age from almost 3 to 6 1/2). They mostly just played in her room which was fine by me because, as I've mentioned before, I hate party games. The look on Megan's face when we sang happy birthday to her was priceless. It was like we were giving her the world. Unfortunately I didn't capture it on film because I was doing the one mom horse and pony show. My fault mostly, since I said to the other moms, "No, we're fine! Go, have fun!" leaving me alone to man the fort. The girls were fine, but it's hard to take pictures, put a cake in front of seven little girls while ensuring only one of them blows them out, while also trying to make the air conditioner doesn't blow them out instead.

She wanted a Care Bear party, so we did the best we could, since Care Bear party supplies don't exist in Singapore. I think we could have had all white decorations and she wouldn't have noticed. After the party I made a list of "things I'll do differently next time." Because that's the kind of person I am. But Megan had loads of fun, and that's what counts.

No comments: