Friday, February 10, 2012

Grammar

Dear fellow internet users,

There are a few things I need to get off my chest, if you will permit me to vent for just a minute. It's about grammar. I like it. I'd love for more of us to embrace it. Could we all agree to the following?:

lose and loose are not interchangeable. You cannot loose your friend.
an apostrophe makes something possessive, not plural. Mom's does not mean more than one mom
it's "would have" not "would of"
there IS such a thing as too many commas

Ok, thank you. I imagine some of you agree with me. Others of you think I'm a little (or maybe a lot) uptight. You might be remembering my post recently about being a control freak. Yes, this is evidence. You don't even know the half of it.

But what can I say? I'm a word girl too, and a little part of me is sad every time I see grammar mistakes.




1 comment:

Nonna said...

I totally agree. I also am irritated by the use of myself instead of me and the lack of "ly" adverbs.