Friday, March 05, 2010

Making progress

I made this list and realized that a lot of them center around "progress." This is something I'm learning to embrace. It's so easy for me to look at my life and see what isn't happening. But I'm still trying to do as my coach says and "celebrate the little victories." No point in looking at what I'm not accomplishing - I'm much more motivated and encouraged by looking at the things that I am doing. I'm reminded of 1 Corinthians 15:10, "But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace to me was not without effect." God's been at work helping me to move closer to the life He's calling me to live, and I'm thankful for it.

126. A free afternoon
127. Sunshine
128. Time to run
129. Feeling a difference in my body from all this running
130. My first drama class for the middle school kids was successful
131. My stomach feels normal today (that can't be said for every day this week)
132. Diet A&W Root Beer. Hard to find decaffeinated, sugar free drinks here
133. Seeing the lights come on for Ethan in math this week
134. Genuine repentance in my daughter when she apologized to her brother for hurting his feelings
135. Making progress in my goals
136. My husband is home!
137. We are days away from getting our car
138. A quiet house
139. God's prompting to maintain habits like playing worship music in the mornings
140. Seeing progress in my kids' writing skills
141. A wonderful time with other moms at my house last Saturday
142. Lunch with friends on Sunday
143. The Olympics are over and no longer a temptation (we were having a hard time getting school done!)
144. The piano tuner came today - we can play again!
145. I grew up in a family with parents who loved me and built me up (been on my mind since watching the first half of Precious. Couldn't watch any more)
146. Erik is here for a full week before he leaves again
147. We had a fun, safe ski outing last week with our team
148. Our kids are learning Chinese, and Ethan really likes learning characters
149. We learned a lot this week in homeschool
150. I really enjoy my kids and the relationship God has given me with them

1 comment:

Four Buttons said...

Awesome list Gina! What a great reminder to look at what God is already doing and not looking to what we'd like to be. Although it's great to have goals, God also wants us to rest in Him and be content with what we do have going for us. We're all works in progress and I think each step is meant for us to enjoy and be thankful. love ya!