Saturday, March 13, 2010

Already an adventure

To test out my new unlimited almightiness and freedom (I wonder when that's going to get old for me?) I decided to be extremely lazy and drive to the new grocery store 5 blocks away. Normally I might take my bike or walk, but I planned to buy a lot and needed an easy way to get it home. Great Wall Hover to the rescue!

I'll admit, I was feeling the freedom, after I deflected car guarding/money extorting man with, "I'm in a hurry. I'll talk to you when I get back!"
I thought, "Wouldn't it be great if there's an underground carpark at the mall?"

And there was! With 382 spaces! But as I drove down the ramp into the carpark, I thought, "This seems really dark." I came around the corner to a large blue metal door that was shut. Which meant I had to drive backwards up the ramp. Don't panic! All that "backing into parking spaces" expertise I picked up in Singapore to the rescue. Thankfully it was a straight ramp.

Inside, I discovered that I am not the only one who knows the new grocery store is open. You really have to admire the long suffering quality built into this culture. The line to get fruits and vegetables weighed was at least 40 people long. I'm talking people waiting probably 15 minutes just to get three carrots. I have no such quality in me. I'll go later. I did pick up a truckload of chicken though - my main purpose in going.

After paying, I happily carted my chicken out to the car, hopped in, and drove home. I parked far away from our gate, hoping to avoid another encounter with car dude, but he waved me down. I promised him my husband would talk to him. Conversation averted!

Let the adventures begin!

No comments: