Sunday, July 19, 2009

Take a guess

Erik and I just hit upon what might be the best question in the study guide for the Chinese driver's test. I'll let you guess which one is the correct answer:

After a vehicle falls into water, the wrong method for the driver to rescue himself is to:
1. Close the window to prevent water from flowing into the vehicle.
2. Immediately use hand to open the door.
3. Let the water to fill up the driver's cab so that the water pressure both inside and outside is equal.
4. Use a large plastic bag to cover the head and tight the neck closely.

4 comments:

Starlene said...

I'd have to go with 4 only because of the absolute stupidity of the answer but, honestly, it doesn't seem to me to be the ONLY wrong way to handle it.

That test sounds ridiculous! I can't believe they seriously have questions like that and the others you listed.

Four Buttons said...

Trick question, none of them are wrong. HA HA HA HA HA!!!! I had a good laugh. BUT if I'm ever in a car drowning incident, I will definately be grabbing my grocery bag and placing firmly over my head, being sure to tightly closer :) China sounds AWESOME, wish we could be there with you guys!

Robyn said...

So which one is it? #4 definitely sounds crazy. Thanks for sharing. This gave me a good laugh! BTW, I love your new picture of yourself. You look beautiful!!! (Which you are, by the way)

Gina Marie said...

The correct answer is #1. The other answers are completely acceptable responses when your car is sinking in water. Maybe they think #4 is ok because they're suggesting you could just take matters into your own hands rather than waiting to drown. Or maybe they really need to have a native English speaker edit their materials before publication. I would gladly be said native English speaker. For a price of course!