Saturday, June 20, 2009

Every man for himself

As a family we recently ventured up to the north part of town where many of our friends live. We opted for the subway because it's a pricey taxi ride there, and the western most subway stop is a few blocks from our house. Since it's the first stop, it's almost a guarantee you'll get a seat, which is good because as you continue on, the subway can start resembling a "how many clowns can you fit in a Volkswagon" joke.

Ethan, being our anxious one, started preparing to disembark about two stops ahead of time. He started saying to me, "Mom, shouldn't we get ready to get off?" as he was eyeing the sheer number of people between him and the door. I told him we could wait. It was all I could do to keep him in his seat until we got to our stop. Then he bolted.

I told him to relax, saying, "Ethan, don't worry. You're going to get off the train."

To which he replied, "Yeah, I'M going to get off the train." Implication: I don't know about you people.

No comments: