Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Stop him! He has scissors and hand cream!

On my way to China I witnessed a man arguing with security. This man apparently had not attempted to fly since before 9/11. They had pulled out his four large bottles of lotion and cologne and were insisting that he couldn't bring them on the flight. He was insisting harder that he should be allowed to take them. He asked what I thought was a valid question, "What do you think I'm going to do with them?" This interchange continued for some time before the security woman finally went back to helping other passengers who had obediently put their tiny hand lotions in clear plastic bags.

In the end, he put the offensive items back in his bag and went to decompress in the waiting area with the rest of us. I thought, "if that guy tries to kill me with his hand lotion, I'm gonna sue the Singapore airport." Also, note to all potential international terrorists: the "wear them down" approach works in Singapore.

No comments: