Saturday, May 07, 2005

Easier than I thought

After a little over one week of driving in Singapore, I have to say it's easier than I thought. People have asked about driving on the left - it's not that hard when you haven't really been driving for the past six years. Singapore has these great map books that, albeit frustrating because you can't see the whole country on one page, can help you navigate easily. I think having been more observant of late in how to get places, so I'm a lot more at ease finding my way around. If I miss a turn (which I've done several times) I know where I can turn around. To me, missing a turn isn't really a mistake - it's just finding another way not to get somewhere. And potentially finding a new way to get somewhere else.

We've also managed to find a way to avoid the dreaded scraping corner in the garage. Good thing too, because I still haven't heard the end of it from my kids. The other day when Ethan was twisting his loose tooth he said, "Mom, I don't like to twist this tooth because it reminds me of the car scraping." Will you let it go already?!

No comments: