Tuesday, February 01, 2005

The Joys of Thailand

To counteract my criticism of Thai breakfast buffets (really, it's not bad food - just funny that you can find the same thing across many countries) I thought I'd share some of my favorite things about Thailand.

1. Beach massages! You can get these for about 150 baht (currently around $4) - one hour for your whole body. Or for just your feet, if you prefer.
2. Lime shakes - $1 for the most refreshing drink I think I've ever had
3. Beach, and lots of it
4. Really friendly people. Sawadika! (that's hello. That's all I know how to say, except kapkumka, which is thank you. And baht, which means money).
5. Motorbikes. We do the traditional Thai family thing and squeeze all four of us on the motorbike for trips to and from our condo.
6. tropical weather - we enjoyed it in Singapore, but somehow it seems even better here. Maybe because of the beach
7. Everything's really cheap! what else can I say about that?

I'm off to enjoy one or more of the above.

No comments: