Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Bustin' a gut, or something like that

This post has nothing to do with living in Singapore per se, other than the fact that I was checking my mail at the time. I love checking mail. I love that I have a mailbox that contains real mail - fun mail, from the U.S., that I can read without having to get out my dictionary to look up the words I don't know.

But I digress. I was checking my mail, which requires squatting, and when I did, Ethan and I both heard a gigantic ripping sound. Actually, I heard and felt a gigantic ripping sound. Yeah, it was my pants. My great bargain at Export Fashion pants. The ones I needed to wear to a meeting later this week (thanks to my mom for teaching me how to sew!).

Naturally, Ethan was quite curious to see what had happened. And then we both had a big old laugh about it. I just spoke at a MOPS meeting this morning, so if I had checked my mail before the meeting, I might not have laughed quite so hard.

Ethan wanted to know also, "Mommy, why do pants rip?" I told him it was because they weren't sewn very well. And maybe, possibly, because you're too big for them. Most certainly not the case for me. :)

No comments: