Sunday, February 26, 2012

Someone Loves Her Daddy


Whenever Erik leaves on a trip, we're bound to have tears from one of us, but I was quite surprised to see that the member of our house most distraught by Erik's departure this morning was Scout.

I took her with me when I accompanied Erik to find a taxi. He was walking on the street with his suitcase to avoid the clacking of the brick sidewalks. I noticed she kept trying to join him, so we finally did. When we started to walk home and leave him to wait for his taxi on the corner, she didn't want to go. As you can see in the video, first she started by just looking back at him. Then she resorted to planting herself in one spot. You can't hear it well, but she's whining too. I finally had to pick her up and carry her most of the way home, then almost pull her into the building. Now she's laying dejected on the floor. Sorry puppy - you're going to have to wait 5 days for for him to walk back through that door!

No comments: