Friday, October 28, 2011

Descent into Dry

I just noticed that the skin around my ring finger is flaking off (and also my ring is incredibly loose - it's cold in here!). My throat is perpetually sore. My lips are on the verge of chapping. It's that time of year again!

This is when we descend into dryness like a desert. The air outside has lost all its humidity so now it's sucking it from our very bodies. This is only the tip of the iceberg. By December we'll be buying stock in Vaseline.

This climate is by far the most extreme I've lived in when it comes to the diversity between summer and winter. In the summer, you can feel the humidity like a blanket on you (or is that the pollution? Hard to say). In the winter, we stock the house with dryer sheets to rub on our hair and eliminate the static.

So I dusted off the humidifiers this morning and set them running. Feel free to send lotion.

No comments: