Saturday, November 22, 2008

We Don't Know What to Wear

Erik and I are staring into our closets with perplexed looks on our faces. Every once in awhile, we pull something out and say, "What do you think about this? Would I wear this there?"

What are we doing? We're trying to remember how to dress in a cold climate. We have no recollection of what is appropriate. For example - t-shirts? Do we need to bring any t-shirts? Because I could wear one under a hoodie, right? I have a feeling the answer is no, which means packing will be very easy because I have three sweaters, two hooded sweatshirts, two pairs of jeans, and two pairs of other pants. But I am going to bring my Little Miss Sunshine shirt because I would wear it 24/7 if it were socially acceptable. But what about Erik's long sleeve dress shirts? They aren't very thick, but they have long sleeves. Help us!

I think we'll be hitting some stores pretty quickly, because the amount of winter clothing our family possesses can fill one suitcase. Who would have ever thought two people raised in Minnesota could come to this?

2 comments:

Juli said...

Granted, I've been living in the South for 7 years now... but I think long sleeve t-shirts are a must. You can wear them under anything to make it warmer (i.e. under a t-shirt, under a long sleeve dress shirt, sweater, etc)

Scarves are also a 24/7 clothing item for me. I wear them inside also (it's fashionable if it's not one that's too bulky). :)

Tell Minnesota hello for me!

Pam said...

something I alwats forget when I go home to chilly Michigan...socks. I wear sandals and crocks here, so socks aren't needed much. I'm also a big fan of long sleeve t-shits, I even wear them here. have fun!