Sunday, June 15, 2008

Some Father's Day

Instead of being given a glorious day to rest and enjoy the fruits of his labor, my poor husband spent his Father's Day proving what a great dad (and husband!) he is! Just back from Vietnam yesterday, he was met by two kids and a sick wife at the airport. After lunch and a movie, I was in and out of consciousness for the rest of the afternoon. I'm not entirely sure how the rest of my family spent that time, to be honest.

Today, I managed to get to church, but realized toward the end that I really should have spent that time in bed. So my eternally sacrificial husband made lunch for the kids, then took them out for rollerblading and swimming while I rested at home. He topped it off by catching Ethan up on some Lord of the Rings reading and now he's working on our taxes. He's like the Energizer Bunny.

I did help him celebrate a little by making our favorite brownie recipe (even with fudge frosting!) and letting us eat them before dinner. It's a weak offering in return for all he does for us!

No comments: