Saturday, May 28, 2005

Celebrity Look alike

Yesterday the kids were riding those coin rides outside the library. An older Singaporean gentleman snuck up behind me and said over my shoulder, "Take picture! Very nice!" I wasn't sure if he was offering some kind of service but he said again, "Very nice! You take picture!"
I said, "I don't have a camera."
"Use hand phone!" (which I have to say might sound like a broad assumption but I may be one of the few people in Singapore whose phone does not have that feature)
"I don't have a camera on my phone," I replied.
"Oh. Very nice," then, pointing to Megan, "Princess Dina! Princess Dina!"

Now, I think my daughter is pretty darn cute, but I have never for a second thought that she resembles Princess Diana. Erik said maybe there' s a Princess Dina somewhere in the world that I don't know. But I'm going to chalk that one up to the Singaporean accent.

So my daughter's had her first celebrity look alike comment. I've had some - none of which I trust. I think they were all due to my hairstyle at the time and/or someone's excessive desire to flatter. Because I highly doubt that anyone can look like Neve Campbell, Molly Ringwald, AND Mia Farrow. Especially not me.

No comments: