Thursday, April 10, 2008

I should have known

I am happy to announce that I am once again the proud owner of a pair of white Gap pants which do NOT smell like fish. What finally did it for them was a good vinegar and water soak. Of course it was vinegar that did it! I should have known.

I think I may have become vinegar's biggest fan. Check out this website: 1001 uses for vinegar. I plan to try every one. In the last six months I've started to use vinegar for almost all my cleaning. It's cleaned things I couldn't get clean with anything else. I put it in my laundry instead of bleach to disinfect my clothes. It made my dingy sink white. It finally got that black scum off my tub. It removed the mold from the tiles in my bathroom. Mix it with baking soda and you've got an amazing scrub. And it's cheap and non-toxic!

Ok, now that I sound like an infomercial, rejoice with me that I no longer have fish smelling pants thanks to the wonder of vinegar.

4 comments:

Ryan said...

People tell me I'M weird.

Gina Marie said...

You wouldn't think it was so weird if you had fish smelling pants and were desperate not to have them. Or if you had a house that you were allergic to and had to figure out some way to make it uber clean so you didn't sneeze your brains out every day. :)

Pam said...

I'm a member of the vinegar fan club too! I use it for most of my cleaning, and it really is the best for weird smells! Not to mention it's great for coloring Easter eggs =)

Amy :) said...

My friend Heidi clued me in to the odor-removing wonders of vinegar several years ago. It works great for pet odors on carpet, too. :)

I like flax oil pills better than fish oil, because they don't give me fishy-smelling burps after I take them! I suppose they wouldn't leave a fishy smell behind if left in the pockets, either... :)

Amy :)