Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Book Tag

My brother cyber-tagged me. Somehow it was more fun when we were kids and we played tag in person, but there it is and I must respond, so here goes:

1. One book that changed your life:
The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning

2. One book you've read more than once:
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

3. One book you'd want on a desert island:
This is such an unfair question, because it presumes there's some book you'll really want to read repeatedly, but if I'm stuck indefinitely on a desert island, isn't anything I read that many times going to become something I hate? In that case, I wouldn't want to choose something I currently like. I think I would choose the complete works of C.S. Lewis because I haven't read most of them.

4. One book that made you laugh:
I'm a Stranger Here Myself by Bill Bryson

5. One book that made you cry:
Most recently, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane

6. One book you wish had been written:
My own

7. One book you wish had never been written:
Many, but none that bothers me so much I care to name it

8. One book you're currently reading:
Sacred Marriage, by Gary Thomas

9. One book you've been meaning to read:
Gift from the Sea by Ann Morrow Lindbergh

10. I'm meant at this point to tag 5 people. I tag Liz, Mandy, and whoever else might read my blog and have one of their own.

1 comment:

Chris B. said...

The answer to one book you wish had been written is excellent. I agree.