Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Holiday traditions

Now, I'm not the kind of person who is intent on making sure that my children have an American upbringing outside of the U.S. But when it comes to holidays, there is one tradition that I have instilled in our family that I consider classic American. Right now my kids are sitting with some friends on the couch watching the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving special. At Halloween they watched The Great Pumpkin, and you'd better believe they'll watch the Christmas one, most likely more than once. Some things you just can't let go.

1 comment:

Sherri said...

There is NO show in the world that equals the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving show. We rented it recently from the library. We laughed SO HARD, especially at Snoopy and the chair. It is priceless!! My kids all know that I am in love with the Peanuts anyway.
We have a Christmas tradition of watching Frostie. We have a special snack called "Frostie snacks" that we only make on that night of the year. We put the blanket out or snuggle on the couch together to watch it. It is just part of Christmas...Frostie Night. Speaking of Christmas Traditions, here is an article I wrote about them. I thought I would share it with you.
http://www.justformom.com/articles_full_text_page.php?article_id=849