Saturday, July 16, 2011

Baptism

Back in April Megan asked to be baptized on Easter Sunday. Since it was only a few days before it was a little too short notice to get in on the baptism service. She also said she preferred something smaller. I was curious to know if she really understood baptism or was just interested because several of her friends were being baptized. I pressed her to tell me why she wanted to be baptized, and she finally cried out, "Because I want to follow Jesus, because I need Him!"

Ok, sounds good! Just wanted to be sure.

So this summer we made plans to go to a local State park and baptize her in the lake with our family present. Thanks to the MN government shutdown, that got changed to a county park. Erik's dad was able to come down and join us, as well as my brother and sister-in-law.

There were a few other people at the beach where we stopped, including a family of four who watched us. Afterward we realized (and so did they) that they are old friends of ours! We still can't get over the fact that they just happened to show up at the perfect time to witness it.



No comments: