Monday, February 28, 2011

Tales of the Kingdom

I was recently gifted a book called Tales of the Kingdom. It's a series of allegorical stories about life in the Kingdom of God. Each story ends with a "moral." I've been reading them to the kids each night for the past few nights, and a couple of the stories have really touched me. Maybe the morals won't make much sense without hearing the story, but I like them, so I'm going to share them. If you don't understand, you'll just have to read the book!

"And so the hunter stayed because she found the orphan she had been seeking-herself. She discovered that the Kingdom was for outcasts, and one must become an outcast in order to follow the King."

"So the Apprentice Juggler lost his place in the troupe, but found another. For all who live by the rhythm of the inner timing, which the King approves, find a place in the Kingdom all their own. More than any, they live happily ever after."

No comments: