Thursday, April 29, 2010

The God of Perfect Timing

I love my children, more than life. Which is why it kills me when they fight. Watching two of the people I love the most not love one another is brutal.

Lately it seems like their bickering has reached an all time high. This could be partly due to the fact that they are together SO much. I'm sure part of it is me being inconsistent in discipline. I will say that we have spent a lot of time praying and talking together, trying to shepherd their hearts in this area. But the reality is, my kids are sinners who need Jesus. Just like me. And also, I blame Satan.

This morning, I stepped away from the homeschool room to use the bathroom, and came back to a screaming daughter and a son with a maniacal look on his face. Seriously? I can't be gone two minutes? I sent them both to their rooms for some down time, and sat down to pray. I thought of a book I ordered a few weeks back called Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends. Due to the ash over Iceland, my book depository books have been delayed. They usually take 2 weeks. It's only been 12 days since I ordered. But I thought, "God, I think I need that book today!" Not that it's the solution, but I could really use some wisdom and perspective in this area and I thought it might help. That and God, of course.

Guess what came in the mail today?

No comments: