Saturday, September 08, 2007

Facebook

I confess, Facebook to me represents the worst kind of relationships - shallow, faceless, and time-sucking. I have never seen the appeal, yet here I am with a Facebook page.

I opened a Facebook page purely because one guy in particular whom Erik and I haven't seen asked us to be his friend. I found that I couldn't see his page without making my own so I did. I had very little intention of doing anything with it. I find it's enough to keep up my blog and regular normal communication with people. So I had made the decision recently to close the page and be done with it.

Then a few days ago, a friend of mine invited me to join a group she's making of the women in our Bible study in Singapore. Suddenly I've been receiving emails from people asking me to be their friends, so I felt compelled to spice up my page a bit so they wouldn't go to it and see nothing. Now, I'm sorely tempted to put pictures on it and other fancy stuff. Technology, what have you done to me?! Sigh.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

I dunno... facebook is pretty nice for cuz i'm half a world away from most of the people i know, so it makes communication with some of them a lot easier. for you though... i guess you'll have to decide what you want to do with it. if you're not careful it can suck up a lot of your time, but if you can manage it it could just become something convenient.. hmmm good luck!