Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Cancelled due to haze

As one who grew up in Minnesota hoping for school cancellations due to snow and ice, I never dreamed of a day when some activity I'm involved in would be cancelled due to haze. Yet here I am on such a day. We usually trek up to BiShan park once a week when the homeschool soccer pratice is held. Although Ethan has stopped playing, they still enjoy playing with the younger siblings of the kids who do play, and I get some good time with my friend Krisi. Today, we had planned to go a little early for batting practice.

But I just got a call from a friend who said soccer is cancelled today due to the haze. I have to go back to my five years of life in China to protest. If that didn't kill me, this certainly won't! The PSI today in Singapore hasn't even hit 90. Over 100 is considered unacceptable. So now I debate - should we go out anyway? We did the Cub Scout wheel day when the PSI was something like 130 and we haven't come down with any respiratory problems. What to do . . .

I find it humorous that aside from heavy rains, this is the only weather related event that might keep me from enjoying every minute of every day outside in Singapore. That is, if you don't mind sweating profusely. I guess I can't complain too much!

No comments: