Thursday, December 07, 2006

Confused

Ethan asked me what confused means. I said, "It means you don't really know what to do" which I'll admit is not a great definition, but I was on the spot. And a bit weary of giving definitions to unknown words, to be totally honest.

"Mom, when Faith (Megan's best friend) comes over, I'm confused." I take this as a sign that I need to be a bit more clear in my definition giving. True, Ethan doesn't know what to do with himself when Faith is over and she and Megan close the door to her room and whisper and giggle as little girls should. But confused? Oops, my bad.

3 comments:

Gina Marie said...

I forgot that Ethan is Mr. Literal - he takes everything word for word. Like when I told him the other day that Erik would be back at 5:30. He came into my room later and said, "Mom, it's 5:31 and dad's not home. Where is he?"

chinatammy said...

Maybe Ethan's real issue is that he knows exactly how he feels when Faith comes over. . . and it is confused (sort of). . . isn't "puppy love" like that? hmmmm. . . now that I think about it, I think I've been "confused" before too.

Gina Marie said...

No, he actually really doesn't like it when Faith comes over. Not that he doesn't like Faith. It's just that she and Megan go and play house and other little girl things which don't interest Ethan at all. He's resorted to playing computer when she comes over.